Minhaj Alam, Ph.D.
Dr. Minhaj Alam, Ph.D.
Education and Training:
- Postdoctoral Fellowship, Stanford University, Stanford, CA, 2022
- Ph.D. University of Illinois at Chicago, Chicago, IL, 2020
- M.Sc. Islamic University of Technology, Gazipur, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2015
- B.Sc. Islamic University of Technology, Gazipur, Dhaka, Bangladesh, 2013
- AI in healthcare and medicine
- Computer aided diagnostics
- Imaging biomarkers
- Precision medicine and federated learning
AI in medical diagnostics:
- Minhaj Alam, Theodore Leng, Joelle Hallak, and Daniel Rubin, “Contrastive learning improves representation and transferability of diabetic retinopathy classification models” Investigative Ophthalmology & Visual Science, 63 (7) (2022)
- Rikiya Yamashita*, Tara Kapoor*, Minhaj Alam (equal contribution)*, et. al., “Toward Reduction in False-Positive Thyroid Nodule Biopsies with a Deep Learning-based Automated Risk Stratification System using Ultrasound Cine-clip Images,” Radiology AI (2022). doi: https://doi.org/10.1148/ryai.210174
- Minhaj Alam, David Le, Taeyoon Son, Jennifer I. Lim, and Xincheng Yao, “AV-Net: deep learning for fully automated artery-vein classification in optical coherence tomography angiography,” Biomed. Opt. Express 11, 5249-5257 (2020).
- Minhaj Alam, David Le, Jennifer I. Lim, Devrim Toslak, Xincheng Yao, “Supervised machine learning based multi-task artificial intelligence classification of retinopathies,” Journal of Clinical Medicine (2019), 8 (6), 872.
Biomarkers and retinal instrumentation:
- Taeyoon Son, Minhaj Alam, Devrim Toslak, Benquan Wang, Yiming Lu, Xincheng Yao, “Functional optical coherence tomography of neurovascular coupling interactions in the retina,” Journal of Biophotonics, e201800089 (2018).
- Minhaj Alam, Yue Zhang, Jennifer I. Lim, R.V.P. Chan, Min Yang, Xincheng Yao, “Quantitative OCT angiography features for objective classification and staging of diabetic retinopathy,” Retina (Philadelphia, PA), (2018) DOI: 10.1097/IAE.0000000000002373.
- Benquan Wang, Devrim Toslak, Minhaj Alam., R.V.P. Chan, Xincheng Yao, “Contact-free trans-pars-planar illumination enables snapshot fundus camera for nonmydriatic wide field photography,” Scientific reports, 8(1) p 8768 (2018).