Power and Energy Systems Concentration
Power and Energy Systems Concentration Requirements
Students pursuing the Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering degree may choose to add a concentration in Power and Energy Systems. The plan of study for the BSEE with a Concentration in Power and Energy Systems is similar to the BSEE plan of study with two primary exceptions:
- All BSEE students are required to complete Technical Elective courses. Students pursuing the BSEE with a Concentration in Power and Energy Systems are required to enroll in approved Power and Energy Technical Electives courses. See Course List (below).
- During the senior year, Power and Energy Systems Concentration students must complete an intensive, two-semester, energy-related, senior design project.
Furthermore, students in the Concentration are strongly encouraged to take the Fundamentals of Engineering exam prior to graduation.
Dr. Robert Cox, Associate Professor of ECE, Associate Director of EPIC (Robert.Cox@charlotte.edu) If you are interested to learn more about the Power and Energy Systems Concentration, please contact Dr. Cox.
How to Enroll in the Power and Energy Systems Concentration
Students pursuing the Bachelor of Science in Electrical Engineering Degree (B.S.E.E) may apply to the Power and Energy Concentration in Electrical Engineering after successfully completing the first-year engineering curriculum with a GPA of at least 2.5.
Students must enroll in the following Power and Energy courses in order to earn the concentration:
- ECGR 4141: Power System Analysis I
Concentration Technical Elective Courses (6 hours) – Select two of the following
- ECGR 4104: Computational Methods in Power Systems
- ECGR 4113: Modeling and Analysis of Dynamic Systems
- ECGR 4123: Analog and digital Communication
- ECGR 4142: Power System Analysis II
- ECGR 4143: Electrical Machinery
- ECGR 4144: Power Electronics I
- ECGR 4151: Solar Cell Fundamentals and Technology
- ECGR 4171: Introduction to Energy Systems
- ECGR 4172: Energy Markets
- ECGR 4190: Power Generation Operation and Control
- ECGR 4191: Dynamic and Transient Analysis of Power System
****Additionally, during the senior year, Power and Energy Systems Concentration students must complete an intensive, two-semester energy-related senior design project. For more information contact Ms. Nan Bousaba at email@example.com.****