Electrical and Computer Engineering
Duke Distinguished Professor
- Ph.D. University of Toledo, Toledo, OH, 2004
- M.Eng. Asian Institute of Technology, Thailand, 1999
- B.Tech. University of Calicut, India, 1991
- Smart Grid Design
- Renewable Energy Integration
- Power Grid Modernization
- Real-time Modeling and Control of Energy Systems and Devices
- Energy Storage and Wind Energy Modeling and Control
- Microgrid Management
- R Bhattarai, N Gurung, S Kamalasadan, “Dual Mode Control of Three-Phase Inverter using Minimum Variance Adaptive Architecture”, IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol.54, Issue 4, 2018,3868-3880.
- S. J Hossain, T P George, R Bisht, A Suresh, S. Kamalasadan, “An Integrated Battery Optimal Power Dispatch Architecture for End-User Driven Micro-Grid in Islanded and Grid-Connected Mode of Operation”, IEEE Transactions on Industry Application, Vol.54, Issue 4, 2018, 3806-3819.
- A. Thakallapelli, S. J Hossain, “Coherency and Online Signal Selection Based Wide Area Control of Wind Integrated Power Grid”, IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol54, Issue 4, 2018, pp.3712-3722.
- R. Bhattarai, N Gurung, A Thakallapelli, Reduced Order State Observer Based Feedback Control Methodologies for Doubly Fed Induction Machine, “IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications, Vol.54, Issue 3, 2018, pp.2845-2856.
- TP George, SJ Hossain, S Ghosh, P Mandal, S Kamalasadan, “A Quadratic Programming Based Optimal Power and Battery Dispatch for Grid-Connected Micro Grid”, IEEE Transactions on Industry Applications 54, Issue 2, 1793-1805, 2018.
- R. Yousefian, S. Kamalasadan, “Energy Function Inspired Value Priority Based Global Wide-Area Control of Power Grid”, IEEE Trans. On Smart Grid, Vol.9, Issue 2, pp.552-563.
- R. Yousefian, R Bhattarai, S. Kamalasadan, “Transient Stability Enhancement of Power Grid with Integrated Wide Area Control of Wind Farms and Synchronous Generators”, IEEE Transactions on Power Systems, 32, Issue 6, 4818-4831, 2017