The Department of Electrical and Computer Engineering offers multidisciplinary programs leading to M.S. and Ph.D. degrees in Electrical and Computer Engineering. Our students are provided with breadth of knowledge in Electrical and Computer Engineering and depth of knowledge in their chosen research area. The department is staffed with a prestigious faculty conducting research in various areas that include:
- Wireless communication and networking
- Multivariate, optimal, and nonlinear controls
- Signal and image processing
- Mobile edge computing
- Embedded systems and robotics
- Machine learning, deep learning
- Computer vision and AI
- Reconfigurable and high performance computing
- Distributed and real-time computer systems
- Electromagnetics, antennas, and RF systems
- Metamaterials and metasurfaces
- Ultra low power electronic circuits
- Optoelectronics and mircoelectronics
- Power sytems stability, control, and optimization
- Power systems modeling and analysis
- Smart grids and micro-grids
- Renewable energy and electric vehicles
- Power electronics
A full range of state-of-the-art laboratories are available enabling faculty and students to conduct research at the cutting-edge of technology.
The ECE Department offers two Master's Programs: the M.S. in Electrical Engineering (MSEE) and a newly developed M.S. in Computer Engineering (MSCPE). The Master’s degrees provide advanced knowledge and technical skills in chosen areas within electrical and computer engineering. A Master’s degree typically results in furthering employment opportunities and career advancement. Students can earn a Master’s degree with coursework only or with the addition of a supervised project or thesis research experience.
A Ph.D. degree is focused on an independent research experience in addition to advancing technical knowledge in a chosen field. A successful Ph.D. candidate is required to demonstrate the aptitude to identify, formulate, and solve novel engineering problems in a chosen topic, resulting in the publication of a doctoral dissertation and archival publications. A Ph.D. student works closely with an advisor to develop the theoretical foundations through coursework and to select and execute the dissertation research. The successful completion of the Ph.D. degree leads to prestigious positions as research leaders within industry, government, and academia.
Due to COVID-19, we have decided to waive the GRE requirements for ALL applicants for the Spring and Fall 2022 semesters.
- for admission information and inquiries please contact the Graduate Counselor (email@example.com)
- for ECE program-specific questions, please email ECE Grad Programs (firstname.lastname@example.org)
- Live (via Zoom) Open House / Q&A Sessions are offered every 3rd Friday of the month, register here to attend